It is Novo’s objective to provide a professional, respectful and ethical service to families who need mediation relating to children’s, property and finances when separating and divorcing.
We sincerely hope you have no cause to complain. If, however, our objective has not been met and you are unhappy with the service you receive from us we are keen to know about it. We value the trouble you may take to explain why you are dissatisfied. A complaint is when you are dissatisfied with the service provided by the service provider and or any staff member that you have dealt with.
How to complain
1. Please raise the issue in mediation if possible, so your mediator can deal with the problem straight away.
2. You can also raise a complaint after mediation. Simply call, write or email us, telling us about your experience. All complaints should be addressed to Lucy Phipps Practice Director. Telephone: 0800 612 4426 Email: [email protected]
3. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days.
4. A full review will be undertaken and the mediator concerned will explain their understanding of the situation.
5. A full response will be sent to you within 1 month and a copy of the complaint will be kept with your file and in our complaints file, which is reviewed bi-annually by the Senior Mediation Team Practice Director.
In the event, you are still unhappy and wish to take your complaint further, you can do so after the Mediation has ceased by contacting our external body:
Family Mediation Association: The College of Mediators, Unit 1, Old Birley Street, Manchester, M15 5RF. https://thefma.co.uk/contact-us/complaints/
To comply with the EU ADR Directive we are required to sign-post you to an approved Certified ADR provider, in our case, Small Claims Mediation (UK) Ltd., 33 Leicester Road, Blaby, Leicester, LE8 4GR.
This does not mean you or we are obliged to use ADR or this provider, but you have been informed of an approved certified ADR provider.
We are also obliged to sign-post you to the link for the ODR (online dispute resolution) platform – http://ec.europa.eu/odr
“Very good and helpful. Could offer flexibility with times and dates. It is an excellent use of anyone’s time and money”
“Novo was very good and kept us up to date with everything”
“Good venue, not noticeable when out on the street. Very relaxed atmosphere”
“I was made to feel very welcome, very warm and listened to what I had to say”
“Very good organisation!”
“Thank you very much for your help over the last few months. I am pleased to say life is getting better every day”